Help with Toshiba TG01 G-Sensor

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Hello,

I figured out, that the Toshiba developers seems to use a G-Sensor for the TG01, which is not supported in the Windows Mobile Unified Sensor API in the moment (no surprise because it is another dll used to access the sensor).

After searching and trying a bit, I found the "SixSensorBG.dll" in the windows dir of the TG01, some regkeys and I "see" the methods in it with the Dependence Walker. My problem is, that, even if I am a windows developer, I have not much idea of windows mobile development. So I am asking for some help here.

My idea is, to develop a "wrapper" dll like other people did for other devices. This dll should be called, like the HTC Dlls (HTCSensorSDK.dll and HTCAPI.dll) and should call the "real" Toshiba SixSensorBG.dll and translate the calls from and return values into HTC format. So the existing apps (or the Sensor API) should not notice that there are running on a TG01. An emulator if you want to call it like this.

I am also interested to help to integrate the TG01 into the Sensor API, but I need some advise.

Can someone explain to me how to get the DeviceIO control jumping points for the functions in the dll?

Has anyone suggestions, what will be the best approch to start?

BTW: The european support from Toshiba never answered me to my question of a Sensor API for the TG01, no surprise at all.

Bye
Moskape<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Try this post, has an api pdf attached.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562976#2